Job description and general duties
Category: Permanent Full Time
Job Type: J0920-0599
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Reporting to the VP Sales and Progammes and VP and General Manager UK, the Head of Programmes is responsibility for overseeing all programmes through the management of the UK team of programme managers. They over see the contracts and relationships with the customer (internal and external) ensuring that Héroux-Devtek’s interests are well served, while constantly ensuring customers’ expectations are exceeded.
The Head of Programme Management is responsible for:
- co-ordinating UK programme management activities in order to ensure customer satisfaction and renewal of business for the UK region in order to achieve the sales, performance and profitability objectives determined by the Company.
- Ensuring all the functions of the organization are aligned to meet the Company commitments in terms of on-time delivery and quality.
In order to deliver against the key objectives of the role the Head of Programme Management will
- manage the team of Programme Managers training and supporting them in contract negotiation, business renewal, program management, customer claims, recovery plans, etc.
This position reports directly to the VP Sales and Programmes in respect of program responsibilities with a dotted line reporting to the VP of the region.
This is a developing role that will significantly impact the direction of the development of the wider department. It thus requires a person with a proactive “can-do” attitude mixed with personal drive and motivation to embrace the changes and encourage others.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
The level of responsibility can be expected to be high as this is a key position and will make decisions having an important impact on the profitability of the business.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
The successful candidate will be expected to work on a day to day basis with a low level of supervision.
Job qualifications and basic requirements• Bachelor degree in a commercial, technical or financial discipline.
• Continued professional development.
• Proven experience in Programme Management including preparation of commercial proposals, contract negotiation, costs control, planning and schedule control.
• Proven experience in an ERP environment.
• Excellent systems knowledge particularly in a Microsoft Office environment.
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other