Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Ball Screw and Actuators
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
Responsibilities associated with this position are typically performed in an industrial-manufacturing setting requiring appropriate personal protective wear and consistent observance of established safety policies at all times. Heroux-Devtek at Beaver Aerospace & Defense maintains compliance with FAA and DOT regulations by ensuring a drug-free workplace.
Summary of position
The CNC Lathe Operator sets up and operates computer numerical controlled machine tools that automatically drill and ream metal parts. May adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machine malfunctions. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
• Selects, measures, assembles, and sets machine tools, such as drill bits and milling or cutting tools, using precision gauges and instruments
• Mounts, installs, aligns, and secures tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpiece on machine, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
• Calculates and sets machine controls to position tools, regulate cutting depth, speed, feed, or coolant flow
• Positions and secures workpiece on machine bed, indexing table, fixture, or dispensing or holding device
• Loads control media enters commands to retrieve programmed instructions
• Starts automatic operation of numerical control machine to machine parts or test setup, workpiece dimensions, or programming
• Confers with supervisor or programmer to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors and obtains approval to continue production
• Maintains machines and removes and replaces broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools
Qualifications requises et exigences• High school diploma
• 1-2 years of CNC Lathe experience
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
• Certain positions may require an additional physical examination
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre