Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Ball Screw and Actuators
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
Responsibilities associated with this position are typically performed in an industrial-manufacturing setting requiring appropriate personal protective wear and consistent observance of established safety policies at all times. Heroux-Devtek at Beaver Aerospace & Defense maintains compliance with FAA and DOT regulations by ensuring a drug-free workplace.
Summary of Responsibilities
The purpose of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager is to oversee the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Ensure the manufacturing engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively. This position is responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process. In addition the manager will perform reviews, evaluate and implement engineering changes and specification requirements. This role is a true first level manager with responsibility to manager subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensuring that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
Summary of position
• Supervises and manages manufacturing engineering department.
• Provide technical recommendation and support to maintenance department.
• Investigate problems, and lead in facilitating recommendations for improvements to ensure highest level of all quality throughout product offering and services provided.
• Evaluate workloads within department to ensure appropriate facilitation of job task and work load in order to optimize departmental efficiency
• Provides support to the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans for the site.
• Monitors and analyzes emerging engineering issues as they relate to the manufacturing process and leads the completion of engineering projects related projects/initiatives which are identified to be corporate priorities.
• Provides direction and oversight to project engineering and engineering development activities; and, takes a leadership role in capital and maintenance programs to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
• Ensures the development and implementation of medium to long term engineering plans for the site to maximize uptime and efficiency.
• Provides leadership to the team and fosters an environment which motivates the team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
• Establishes and clearly defines responsibility for staff on the team and ensures the ongoing management and support of staff and effective employee performance.
• Develops departmental budgets, prioritizes spending, and advises senior management on cost over-runs and extraordinary equipment requisitions.
• Accountable for effective usage of capital funds and providing leadership in the preparation of capital job requests and their completion within established specifications.
• B.S. degree in Engineering
• Strong experience in engineering and project management of capital projects
• Expertise in industry including project management and operational management
• Solid understanding of forecasting and budgeting process.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, entrepreneurial skills, and interpersonal skills necessary to operate in a team environment
• Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
• Customer focused mindset
• Documentation and organization skills
Qualifications requises et exigencesYou enjoy challenges, teamwork an a quality working environment that evolves continuously? Developing your competencies is a priority for you? Join Héroux-Devtek and "lets grow together".
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre