Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Landing Gear
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Reporting to the Support Engineering Manager, the MRB Engineer analyzes non conformities to landing gear components in order to give proper MRB disposition in regards to their integrity. MRB dispositions will assure the resulting nonconforming product meets all minimum design and HDI/customer certification requirements. If the decision is that the part can be repaired to be used in service, he/she will determine the sequence of operations needed to be taken.
Working in a dynamic environment, rich in operational complexity, we are seeking to find an MRB Engineer who is strong in technical problem solving, can demonstrate sound judgement, and acumen for organization and communication at various levels of responsibility.
- Evaluates and analyzes defects on parts from technical documents such as drawings, technical repair manuals (TO), customer specifications and stress reports in order to gather all the necessary information for the acceptance or rejection of a part that does not meets all requirements.
- Ensures that the parts are structurally adequate by calculating constraints and safety factors or by asking the stress or Materials & Processes engineers for consultation in order to make a final decision.
- Ensures that the assembly function is not affected by verifying the functional and structural aspects of the rejected part and develop a method for possible repair or condemning the part.
- Completes documentation of non-compliances with a final disposition that meets customer requirements.
- Communicates if required any additional information to customers.
Qualifications requises et exigences• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace) from an accredited program recognized by the Washington accord
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in the aerospace industry, landing gear experience preferred
• Ability to interpret easily technical aerospace drawings / GD&T
• Expertise in the following areas:
? Design requirements
? Strength, fatigue, and durability properties
? Installation and aircraft operation
? Aircraft certification requirements
? Materials, processes, and part standards
? Production capabilities and limitations
? MRB Procedures
• Strong ability to take decisions under pressure
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Previous customer relations experience preferred.
• Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to work constructively within teams, focused on problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to work within tight timelines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre