Description et responsabilités générales du poste
L3 Technologies MAS, located in Trenton (ON), is a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
For more than 8 years, we have been repairing, maintaining and modernizing the CC-150 Polaris fleet operating 3 configurations for troop/pax movement, cargo/tanker operations, and VVIP travel. VVIP travel includes the Royal Family, the Governor General, and our Prime Minister. Thanks to our technical skills and our passionate employees, our teams have the opportunity to work on different fleets of aircraft such as: CH-148 Cyclone, CH-147F Chinook, and the F-18 Hornets for nearly 30 years, and many more…and there is more to come.
As Associate Manager, Operations Management CC150 at L3 MAS you will:
As a supervisor, you will manage, organize, prioritize and lead a group of unionized employees dedicated to operations. You will promote the values ??of L3 within your work teams. You will ensure that teams work in accordance with Transport Canada as well as DTAES, (Directorate of Technical Airworthiness and Engineering Support), aviation procedures, policies and regulations. Due to consistent deployment, you will be managing fatigue risk of your personnel on a daily basis and working closely with an active and highly professional QA program.
- Manage emergencies and contingencies. Continuously Improve Operational Structure and Efficiencies. Close collaboration with Licensed Planner, QA, Engineering, PRAA (Person Responsible for Assigning Authority), Programs Manager, and Operations Manager to ensure Airworthiness, Training, Currency, Projects, and Customer Satisfaction Key Performance Indicators are met or exceeded.
- Carry out monthly inspections and follow-up on corrective actions;
- Prepare and participate in OHS committee meetings and follow up actions;
- Complete accident / incident reports; and
- Assist L3 auditors during their visits and follow-up on actions.
- Respond and document corrective action requests (CARs);
- Create and update departmental procedures and ensure employees follow them;
- Participate and encourage employees to propose continuous improvement initiatives;
- Follow up on improvement measures; and
- Promote the RISE program.
- Establish and communicate the priorities of the day;
- Track completion of maintenance with help from the maintenance planner;
- Facilitate daily team meetings;
- Approve timesheets;
- Plan and coordinate training requirements;
- Represent operations during daily meetings, teleconferences, etc;
- Manage overtime required on a daily basis;
- Approve travel requests and expense accounts;
- Apply collective bargaining agreement; and
- Coordinate computer problems with IT department directly in Mirabel, Quebec.
Qualifications requises et exigences
- College or undergraduate degree in a relevant field of competence, such as engineering, AME, mechanics or aeronautics;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operations management;
- Experience in team supervision (unionized employees an asset);
- Ability to make decisions quickly and take action;
- Customer-oriented and results oriented while adopting a "win-win" approach;
- Ability to inspire employees and collaborators in a positive manner;
- Good oral and written communication skills in both languages ??(French and English), an asset;
- Sense of work organization and priority management;
- Knowledge of labor relations; and
- Knowledge of laws and policies related to the environment, health and safety at work.
- Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
At L3 MAS you will:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
- Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
- Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Collégiales - Techniques
- Expérience : 3 ans ou plus
- Profil : Production